The Veneto Region has identified a series of initiatives to bring down and control PFAS concentrations in water intended for human consumption. Recently the DGR 691/2018 was issued which, by modifying the "Surveillance Plan on the population exposed to perfluoroalkyl substances", has redefined the areas of interest.
This site presents the results of the analyzes carried out by ARPAV on water intended for human consumption at the exit of the drinking water treatment plants, located in Brendola, Lonigo and Sarego, which serve, in whole or in part, the 30 municipalities falling within the area of Maximum Health Exposure (Red Zone).
For 21 of these municipalities, identified by the DGR 2133/2016, the previus DGR 1591/2017 has established that, over a period of six months, the values, of PFOA + PFOS must be less than or equal to 40 ng / L, thanks to the adoption of a series of interventions aimed at experimenting treatment technologies for the reduction of pollutant loads in water intended for human consumption.
Map of the municipalities included in the Area of Maximum Health Exposure
Values of PFAS in water intended for human consumption in samples taken at the exit of drinking water treatment plants
|Date of water sample||Manager at the water sample point||Municipality of water sample||Assisted municipalities||Linear PFOA and branched isomers||Linear PFOS and branched isomers||Somma di PFAS1||PFHxA (Perfluoro Hexanoic Acid)||PFHxS (Perfluoro Hexane Sulfonate)|
|15 November 2023||Acque del Chiampo||Brendola||Brendola (3)||NQ||NQ||0,012||NQ||NQ|
|15 November 2023||Acquevenete2 (ex CVS)||Sarego||Sarego Nord||NQ||NQ||0,011||NQ||NQ|
|15 November 2023||Acque Veronesi||Lonigo||Agugliaro (4) - Albaredo d'Adige - Alonte - Arcole - Asigliano Veneto - Bevilacqua - Bonavigo - Borgo Veneto (4) - Boschi Sant'Anna - Cologna Veneta - Legnago - Lonigo (5) - Lozzo Atestino (4) - Megliadino San Vitale (4) - Minerbe - Montagnana - Noventa Vicentina - Orgiano - Poiana Maggiore - Pressana - Roveredo di Guà - Terrazzo - Val Liona (4) - Veronella - Zimella||NQ||NQ||NQ||NQ||NQ|
|15 November 2023||Acquevenete2 (ex CVS)||Lonigo||Sarego Sud||NQ||NQ||0,019||NQ||NQ|
The municipalities of Casale di Scodosia, Merlara and Urbana, although included in the Area of Maximum Health Exposure, are not currently served by aqueducts network referred to in DGR 1591/2017.
(1) A seguito dell'entrata in vigore del DECRETO LEGISLATIVO 23 febbraio 2023 n. 18 avente titolo "Attuazione della direttiva (UE) 2020/2184 del Parlamento europeo e del Consiglio, del 16 dicembre 2020, concernente la qualità delle acque destinate al consumo umano" da luglio 2023 i parametri Somma PFOA e PFOS e Somma altri PFAS esclusi PFOA e PFOS sono stati sostituiti dal parametro Somma di PFAS espresso in microgrammi/L (µg/L).
(2) Acquevenete was born on 1 December 2017 from the merger between Centro Veneto Servizi (CVS) and Polesine Acque
(3) the reported analyses refer to hilly and suburban areas.
(4) Interessata una frazione minima del comune
(5) From 16/07/2018 Lonigo is no longer served by Acque del Chiampo. The monitoring of the water quality served to the municipality of Lonigo is guaranteed by Acque Veronesi. The withdrawal point of Acque del Chiampo can be reactivated when necessary.
( NQ ) NQ: Not quantifiable. The substance or group of substances are below the quantification limit.
- NQ PFOA lineare e isomeri ramificati < 2 ng/L
- NQ PFOS lineare e isomeri ramificati < 2 ng/L
- NQ Somma di PFAS < 0,010 µg/L
- NQ PFHxA (Perfluoro Hexanoic Acid) < 2 ng/L
- NQ PFHxS (Perfluoro Hexane Sulfonate) < 2 ng/L
|from 9 October to 3 November 2017||Daily (from Monday to Friday)|
|from 3 November to 3 December 2017||Bi-weekly (on Monday and on Thursday)|
|from 04 December 2017 to 14 November 2019||Weekly (on Thursday)|
|from 15 November to 12 December 2019||Fortnightly (on Thursday)|
|from 13 December 2019||Monthly (on Thursday)|
Change filters (for PFAS) Drinking Water Management Plants
Updated 17 November 2023
|Manager at the water sample point||Municipality of water sample||Change filters Date|
|Acque del Chiampo||Brendola||Last filter change:|
Filter 1 : 15 September 2023
Filter 2 : 15 September 2023
Filter 3 : 15 September 2023
|Acquevenete2 (ex CVS)||Sarego||Last filter change:|
Filter 1 : 19 September 2023
Filter 2 : 07 November 2023
Filter 3 : 06 October 2023
|Acque Veronesi||Lonigo||Last filter change:|
Filter 1 : 08 September 2023
Filter 2 : 07 September 2023
Filter 3 : 06 September 2023
Filter 4 : 14 November 2023
Filter 5 : 13 November 2023
Filter 6 : 10 November 2023
Filter 7 : 09 November 2023
Filter 8 : 08 November 2023
Filter 9 : 07 November 2023
Filter 10 : 06 November 2023
Filter 11 : 13 October 2023
Filter 12 : 12 October 2023
Filter 13 : 11 October 2023
Filter 14 : 10 October 2023
Filter 15 : 09 October 2023
Filter 16 : 06 October 2023
Filter 17 : 05 October 2023
Filter 18 : 04 October 2023
Filter 19 : 03 October 2023
Filter 20 : 02 October 2023
|Acquevenete2 (ex CVS)||Lonigo||Last filter change:|
Filter 1 : 08 August 2023
Filter 2 : 11 July 2023
(1) Acquevenete was born on 1 December 2017 from the merger between Centro Veneto Servizi (CVS) and Polesine Acque
PFAS - Water controls introduced into school